Thursday, March 11, 2010

"Holy and Perfect"

“Holy and Perfect”

Holy fire. Perfect fire.
Burn in me. Burn in me.
Flame of God. Perfect fire.
Burn in me.
Until I am what I’m meant to be.
Holy fire.

Oh may the flame consume me,
Until the ashes are transformed to Glory.
And may the beauty that you give - in return for what’s burned away -
Find a heart to spark a fire into
---
Holy rain. Perfect rain.
Rain on me. Rain on me.
Waters of God. Perfect rain.
Rain down on me.
Until I am what I’m meant to be.
Holy rain.

Oh may the waters flood my soul,
Until all fear is drowned and made me whole.
And may the life that you give to this barren land,
Find its way to your heart.
---
Holy wind. Perfect wind.
Blow on me. Blow on me.
Breath of God. Perfect wind.
Blow on me.
Until I am what I’m meant to be.
Holy wind.

Oh may I be blown away,
By every word you say.
And may the life that I live,
Be proof enough of who you are.

LN Maher
(c)2002 Echoes of The Lion’s Roar (1/16/2002)

****
May we all get to the point where our desire to be free from the ugly things that bind us to this fallen world - make us cry out for them to be destroyed by the power of a loving and gracious God.

No comments:

Post a Comment