Tuesday, May 10, 2011

“Desert In My Rear View Mirror”

“Desert In My Rear View Mirror”

Traveling through this desert
Has brought me closer to you
The need of this dry and thirsty land
That has so long been in my view

The journey seemed to take so long
And harder than I could have known
But you’ve been with my every moment
Through this land of sand and stone

In that driest land you surrounded me with beauty
And all I could do is ask for more
But as the moments pass... all begins to change
Desert in my rear view mirror... headed for the shore

It’s almost hard for me to believe
How alive and new everything can be
After calling out for so long in deepest need
To start again in this land of plenty

The land surrounding me is so rich and full of life
The ease of this part of the journey brings joy to the view
But Lord don’t let me forget the desert
And the thirst that has shown me... my need for you

Sand and stone are left behind... for the cool of the ocean breeze
Hearing the palm trees clap their hands... hearing the ocean’s roar
Memories of desert learning... bring me closer to your heart
Desert in my rear view mirror... headed for the shore

LN Maher
(C) 2010 Echoes of The Lion’s Roar (10/30)

No comments:

Post a Comment