Tuesday, May 10, 2011

“Something More”

“Something More”

You say if I have just faith the size of a mustard seed...
I can speak to the mountains and they will be moved...
But what does it say of me...
When I can hardly get myself to budge

The weight of guilt and shame... of things I’ve done...
and what’s been done to me... has shaken me to the core
When all I am... is all that I can offer
I wish that I could give you something more

A broken heart is only moved...
When you carry it in yours
When all I hold in my hands... is the emptiness they offer
I wish that I could give you something more

But here in your embrace... Im given so much more than I could give...
My past forgiven... lies on the depths of the ocean floor
No matter how little I have to offer now
My prayer is that my life would be something more...

Let this heart mend... So I can speak to the mountains
Let the mountains be moved and receive the embrace of the clouds
Let me be your voice... So I can speak your praise
Let the message of your love be heard... clear and loud

And as I find myself moving...
I find that faith can only grow as it is planted in the heart
And mountains are only moved when its to where they need to be
Oh God keep faith alive in me... and let it grow to every part

And may I always desire to give you something more...

LN Maher
(c) 2011 Echoes of The Lion's Roar (1/4-5)


No comments:

Post a Comment