Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Only You”

"Only You”

Only you can find this place in me
That noone else can see
Only you can mend this broken heart
Fill every empty part
Teach me to let you in
To the damaged path within
I’ve held back too long
I am tired and I need to see you strong

Better days are on the way
I know because you’ve told me
Only in sharing this pain with you
Can I be close enough for you to hold me

So I step through the crumbled remains
Of the walls that held me in for so long
And as I am met with your embrace
Tears wash away all that has kept me from your song

Only you can reach this place in me
Make it clear so I can see
Only you can teach this willing heart
Use every mended part
Teach me to daily ask you in
To the road that winds within
My life is yours... no matter how long
I walk with you... and I find in you, I’m strong

Ellen Maher
(C) 2010 Echoes of The Lion's Roar (12/18)

No comments:

Post a Comment