Thursday, January 10, 2013

“A Declaration of Contentment”


“A Declaration of Contentment”

I will not be content to stagnate in a spot along the journey
I will not be content to drag fear along with me
I will not be content with anything else but staying in your view
I will not be content until I know I’m going forward in the journey with you

You have brought me through the barren land
You have brought me through the sinking sands
You have brought me through complacency
You have brought me to a path I can walk and be free

I will be content with more than survival
I will be content knowing I’ll see you clearer at my arrival
I will be content seeing your face
I will be content trusting in your grace

I will only be content knowing you are here
I will only be content to walk through the journey without fear
I will only be content to know peace when you call my name
I will only be content to know I’ll never be the same

LN Maher
© 1997 Echoes of The Lion’s Roar

No comments:

Post a Comment