Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"It Is"


“It is”

It’s what keeps me alive
When I’m gasping for air
It’s what keeps my heart beating
When I reach out in prayer

It’s love that covers me
And surrounds me like a flood
It makes me whole, washes me clean
Frees me to breath, I am made new by your blood

It’s what frees me to move
And brings me the joy to dance
It’s what gives me courage to go on
And the strength to take a chance

It’s power that surges through me
Helps me fly when I am still
It gives me purpose, It brings healing
Tells me you’re smiling there - as I do your will

In such a short time my life is changed
Only the pure and righteous will remain
Something has touched me -My mind, my body, my heart are made new
It’s love, it’s power, it’s mercy, it’s grace...
My God --- It’s YOU!!!

LN Maher
©1999 Echoes of The Lion’s Roar (5/13)

No comments:

Post a Comment