Tuesday, January 8, 2013

"Look To See The Son"

-->
“Look To See The Son”

Ch:
Shadows of what could have been
Shadows of the war from sin
Shadows of grief and pain
After the shadows - what will remain - will remain

I live in The Shadowlands, but I look to see the sun
Darkness is attached to to all I see
As I look at my surroundings - fear grips my heart, and I try to run
I find the greatest horror is the shadow connected to me

Ch:

Blinded by fear of the shadows all around
My steps carry me to the darkness and all I am is consumed
It’s so dark and cold inside - I wonder, can any hope be found
Inside the blackness of the shadows - all I see is doom

Ch:

But then the cold I feel forces my feet to go
Again my steps take me without really knowing where
To my surprise... I’m taken to the line, where shadow and light show
I run to the sun’s light - and find warmth there

Ch:

I look to see the sun shining in the sky
I find strength to hope again in the warmth of it’s light
I see truth - as I watch the clouds drift by
The sun shines whether our eyes see day or night

Ch:

Comfort comes in knowing the dark shadows will not remain
That there will come a time when The Son will forever shine
We will walk in The Light, and never know fear again
And a joy past all we’ve ever known - forever, will be yours and mine

LN Maher
©2000 Echoes of The Lion’s Roar (7/27)

No comments:

Post a Comment