Thursday, January 10, 2013

"To The Lord of All I Have and Will Be"


“To The Lord of All I Have and Will Be”

Forgive me – I never meant to cause you pain
Forgive me – I did not mean to bring it back again
Forgive me – I give all I have in me
Forgive me – please take this for what I will be

There are so many times – I’ve fallen down and failed you
There are so many times – I’ve not seen us through
There are so many times – You’ve heard my silent cries

Forgive me – I know I’m not worthy of your time
Forgive me – I know I don’t deserve the peace in the rhyme
Forgive me – Take me in, I’ll serve you more
Forgive me – Please take all I have, don’t leave this shattered core

How can I ask – For you to give me anything?
How can I ask – For you to give me the rhyme to sing?
How can I ask – For anything more, when you gave up your son?
How can I ask – Any request after all I haven’t done?

Forgive me – I thank you for how freely you give
Forgive me – I thank you for allowing what was shadow to live
Forgive me – I give you all I have in me
Forgive me – please take this for what I will be

LN Maher
© 1997 Echoes of The Lion’s Roar

No comments:

Post a Comment