Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"Go With God and Grow"

-->
“Go With God and Grow”

Milk and cookies and a friend
Countless hours of laughter and pretend
Of Big Bird and The Lion King, Of Dr. Seuss and pigs that sing (La La La)
Hours spent watching planes go by - my spirit reminded to fly
I know these memories hold no final good-bye

You share some life through your eyes
You help me to laugh and show me how to cry
Its the little things you do that help me to see
How important it is to be what God’s made me to be
I pray you’ll always know just how special you are
God has promised - I know He’s with you - He’s never far

God be with you - wherever you go
No matter what happens I pray you will know
That God, who created me and you
Loves you and is with you in everything you’re going through
Look to Him and know that very soonHe will take us to our Home beyond the moon

May you know peace in the darkest storm
When the world is cold, may God’s love keep you warm
Forgive me for being slow to let you go
My prayers are with you as you go with God and grow

Love,
Ellen

LN Maher
©1999 Echoes of The Lion’s Roar (8/27)

No comments:

Post a Comment