Thursday, January 10, 2013

"I Want To Come Home"


“I Want To Come Home”

A man walks toward a chair
Sees a woman sitting there
Looks at her and asks for some change
She looks at him, and gives a smile
Asks him if he can sit a while
And tells him of a love that will never change

Tears well up in his eyes
He lets go of the past and cries
And tells her of his quest for a home
With a broken heart he offers a prayer
And he sees Jesus standing there
He looks in his eyes and all the pain is gone

He says,
“I’m still waiting to come Home –
I’m still waiting to come Home
Lord, help me!
Lord, help me!
Lord, help me! – I want to come Home!”

Jesus holds him in his arms
Chases away all that have done him harm
Tells him, “child, you’re always welcome Home.”
The doors of Heaven are opened wide
The man realizes – this is his true Home

He smiles and says,
“I finally have come Home –
I finally have come Home
You’ve helped me!
You’ve helped me!
You’ve helped me!
Lord, you’ve helped me! – I’m so glad to be Home!”

LN Maher
© 1997 Echoes of The Lion’s Roar (12/1)

No comments:

Post a Comment