Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"Joy Complete"


“Joy Complete”
(John 16:24 & Matthew 21:23)

A young prince stepped out to the edge of the Dark Wood
That had imprisoned him for so long
In the isolation along the thorny paths
He had lost the meaning of freedoms song

The young prince stood
Bruised and bleeding in the sun’s light
A smile came as Jesus cam and healed the wounds
That had come from the Dark Wood fight

But as the young prince started
Into the eyes of The Prince of Peace,
His smile dropped and tears began to form
And he asked, “why did I have to wait so long for release?”

The strong arms of God wrapped around his frail human flesh:
----
These words echoed with every heart beat...
“Until now you have not asked for anything in my name...
Ask and you will receive and your joy will be complete...”

“If you believe... you will receive
Whatever you ask for in prayer...”
Reach out your hand... I understand
I know you and I’ve always been right there...

I’m close by your side... I won’t be denied
Touch me and be free to care
“If you believe... you will receive
Whatever you ask for in prayer.”
----
Joy encircled the young prince with The Lord’s embrace
And he was filled with God’s power that day
Never again would the Dark Wood hold him for freedom
With the Sword of The Spirit he cut every thorn away.

With every slash his strength returned...

LN Maher
©1999 Echoes of The Lion’s Roar (2/2)

No comments:

Post a Comment