Thursday, January 10, 2013

"Try Again"


“Try Again”
“In the beginning God created”… and the heavens began to unfold
Day after day in The Garden, The King and Queen had a hand to hold…

Laughter filled their hearts again and again
They walked with God and called Him friend
A time they could not imagine an end
Joy of living around every bend

The word was clearly spoken
But then the words got twisted around
Their eyes forced to open
As the poison seeped in… sorrow was found

They hid and cried, “Let me try again
So deep in my heart I long to call you friend
Please won’t you show me sufferings end
Without your joy, I’m too weak to bend”

The hand of God in an act of undeserved grace
Gave a flaming sword to close the gates
So that someday they could try again
And the hand of God could touch the hand of men

“Let’s try again
I’ll be their God.  Someday I will call them friend
I’ll bring them to a time when the welcome has no end
I will teach them joy in the ones I send

One ark to carry the second king in a flood
Another to carry a covenant for a race called to call God friend
How could God give so many chances to this race of mud?
How many times were the words spoken again and again?

The hand of God in an act of underseved grace
Gave His only Son to meet man face to face
So on that day they could begin again
The hand of God touched the hand of man

“Let’s try again
I’ll be their God.  This day I’ll call them friend
I’ll bring them to a time when the welcome has no end
I will teach them joy in The One I send”

LN Maher
© 1998 Echoes of The Lion’s Roar (1/1)

No comments:

Post a Comment