Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"The Cry of The Garden"


“Cry of The Garden”

God!  Here I am!  I found I was naked so I hid.
But I cannot bear to be exiled from your presence.
If you will not kill me here and now,
Then you must be able to change my heart.
I know your mercy- my heart has not always been this black.
If there was no way to make me in your image –
You would not make me live

When a heart goes unchecked - it feels alone...
Not even tears and weeping keep it company...
It cannot hear your voice or see your face...
Rage drowns out laughter, and despair strangles the cry of freedom... 
Wickedness mocks kind words, and filters them through its own muck..
There is no hope for a heart that refuses to tear itself open before God…
It can only struggle to survive until its last beat.

So here Lord, is my heart!  It gets weary and dark from the sins of this world.
I stand before you alone, no one else to blame for my actions
No one else to ask your blessings for - just you and me!
My heart has kept silent for to long to hold onto hurt and pain.
Here I am Lord!  You died for me- help me live in your righteousness and purity.
I choose to let go of all that is not yours, and live the life you gave me...
Help me cut away the growths of destruction, and be fully in your image once again.

My heart is open to you Lord!  You are with me...
I release the tears and weep in your presence - and find joy.
I listen for your voice and look for your face - and you are here!
I rejoice in your laughter, and join in the cry of freedom from all that binds. 
You remove my life from the confinement of wickedness and speak life!
This heart that once held suffering in like a dam now holds hope!
Hope that flows freely from you- to me- to the world...

Streets of gold under my feet, and a crystal sea to wash my face...
Are etched into my mind, but there is so much more I want to see...
Dreams fulfilled, wishes granted, desires brought to pass...
Are within sight of my mind, but there is so much more I want to happen...
I most want to see you in all your glory - and hear you say one phrase...
“WELCOME HOME!  YOU ARE HERE TO STAY!

LN Maher
©1999 Echoes of The Lion’s Roar (11/27/98-5/28/99)

No comments:

Post a Comment