Thursday, January 10, 2013

"Back To You Again"


“Back To You Again”

I’ve been going through the motions
Going back and forth again
Love you too much to go against you
To scared to call you friend

I need to hear you clearly
But my ears are ringing with pain
I’ve too frightened to hold onto your guidance
Too weak to let go again

In faith I move toward you
My heart trembles with every step
My mind cries – STOP!
Before you run out of breath

My lungs are freezing
I’m afraid to breathe you in
But I inhale by instinct
And you fan the fire that takes away my sin

Take my whole heart
Or it will crumble in my hands
I long to know the freedom
That comes with your commands

Help me make it to you
Bring me forward once again
I know I need to hear you
I choose to call you… my friend

LN Maher
© 1997 Echoes of The Lion’s Roar

No comments:

Post a Comment