Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"Wanting More


“Wanting More”

I miss seeing the Heaven in your eyes
The glimpse of purity, thinly veiled in disguise
In mortality- so long taken for granted
Now your gone- and I keep thinking
I want to see you one more time

This world lives in a darkness I can feel
You taught me to share, the Light that can heal
Through every problem- you’ve shown so bright
You light shines in my memory- I keep thinking
How nice it would be to see you another time

I know you shared my joy and my pain
The truths you taught me still remain
For me to know you - my life is changed
You’re not really gone - I keep thinking...
Soon I will see you for all time...

Jesus help me not to forget the face
You gave so I could see your never ending grace
I want to be with you in Heaven- walk on the other shore
This all too brief encounter has left me wanting more

LN Maher
©1999 Echoes of The Lion’s Roar (11/21/98-5/28/99)

No comments:

Post a Comment