Thursday, January 10, 2013

"A Glimps Into Heaven's Eyes"


“A Glimpse Into Heaven’s Eyes”

Do you see me?  Do you see me?
Even when I try to follow you, I fall back where I used to be
I go on in the race, not seeing your face,
Blind to all reality, numb to the feeling that could make me free
Dear God, please don’t look at me. – How could you see me?

You say I am your servant.  You say I am your child.
You say I am your soldier.  You say I am your bride.
You say I am yours, for now and for all time.
You look at me and say, “You are mine.”

Who am I? … Who am I?
My heart longs to follow you.  My spirit longs to fly.
And as I seek your face, I long for your grace,
To look through the glass of reality, to see the strength to cry…
Dear God, teach me to see – tell me, who am I?

You say that I am precious.  You say that I am good.
Through all the pain and suffering – somehow you understood.
You say I am a part of you.  A part that you work through.
When I look in your eyes – I see the way you see me.

LN Maher
© 1997 Echoes of The Lion’s Roar (11/22)

No comments:

Post a Comment